2007/01/23

State of the union

My unbiased opinion of the state of the union.

Did he really just say balance the budget? Maybe he should actually put the Iraq war into his budget so he realizes how much it is costing. What a jerk.

Not raising taxes? What programs are you going to cut to make that happen? Maybe you could actually tax corporations, especially ones that incorporate offshore? What a jerk.

Earmarks? Now he wants to remove them? Why didn't he talk about this over the past 6 years ago when it has been happening and getting worse? And he only wants to cut it in half? Eliminate them! What a jerk.

I actually agree with his opinion that Social Security/Medicare needs to be fixed. He's still a jerk though. DId they just show Ted Kennedy almost asleep? I love the state of the union, I just wish they stopped clapping all the time.

No child left behind act is a fiasco. If you want to increase testing, increase the budget. If you want to increase help for special children, that costs a lot. Talk to teachers who know what it costs for special education programs. And what about gifted and talented programs? How are we paying for that? What a jerk.

I like that he said offer affordable health care. If we don't raise taxes, how are we going to do this exactly? He is actually proposing a new tax for health care (I think)! I like it! Of course, that means we need to fix the insurance process. He wants to change the tax code - who is this man? Oh that's right, he's a lying jerk... I give it a 10% chance of passing congress and getting signed.

Health savings accounts are stupid. What if I don't get sick? I can't roll the money over. I know people who buy thousands of aspirin at the end of the year just to use their money so they don't lose it.

Medical liability reform I like. Lawyers already make enough money. He said people and doctors make good decisions. Drug companies own doctors with free samples and drug salepeople are beautiful.

Immigration: They just showed someon from CO and I think he was sleeping too. Can't congress afford coffee at least for the state of the union? More money for the border? Where is that coming from? Why do people keep clapping? I hate the state of the union. He said melting pot - that is a slot on my buzzword bingo. I like the idea of legalizing immigrants. I don't think that will pass either. Actually, I agree with Bush on immigration and he has solid ideas here.

Energy: He's a jerk. He has let us be dependant throughout his presidency. Maybe he should look back at the ugly white guy behind him to his right. Yeah, more coal! I like solar, wind, and nuclear power. I read something that said only nuclear power can meet our demand in the short time frame. Ethanol is a scam and will make meat more expensive unless they can get something else to make ehtanol on a large scale besides corn. Mexican's were rioting because corn was being exported to the states for, among other things, ethanol and the price of tortillas were going up. I saw in interview onTelemundo with different Mexican mothers complaining about this and they were pissed! In fact, the Mexican government is looking into price gouging practices by tortilla makers. I love The Economist!

Reduce emmissions by 20%? He's almost like a real human tonight. I might have to turn this off.

He said steward of the environment? Did you see Cheney give his little half hearted clap? That was classic and may be worth my time. Do you think Karl Rove is watching this? I love it.

Here is the big one. Speaking of September 11, is it true that Pinochet took over Chile on that day? That is one crazy day throughout modern history. "Ttake the fight to the enemy..." Yeah, get Iran! 90,000 more troops! Who is paying for this war exactly? Oh right, I am. Fortunately, it is not in the budget so we don't really pay for it...

Oh, all the almost attacks. Nothing like a little paranoia to support another invasion. 8 years, 3 countries - that's a legacy. Standing ovation to stop terrorists, really out on a limb on that one. I support stopping terrorists, I just don't support torture, invading countries, and lying presidents.

He said he has a clear view of the enemy - that was a joke, right? Is Al Quaeda even the strongest Islamic militant organization now? More Iraqi's die in a few days than died in September 11th. I say let the middle east fade back into the desert by removing our dependance on oil. Then we can ignore it like it's Africa. Unless we decide to randomly bomb it every once in a while just because.

Standing ovation to protect Americans. I hate the state of the union. "What every terrorist hates most is human freedom." Maybe that was true. I bet now a lot of them hate most strong countries invading weaker countries without cause. Why are they clapping? That guy is a jerk.

John McCain was sleeping too. Maybe I would vote for him. Doesn't anyone in congress stay up past 9 on a normal day? At least Kennedy was probably to drunk to be awake...

Uh, maybe we are attacking Lebanon instead of Iran. That man is a genius. No, sorry, he's still a jerk. Yeah, good idea, let's win the rhetoric war against extremism! We win! Our speech writers are better than yours.

New strategy in Iraq? It's the same plan, just more people. Hmm, if I want to buy a $200,000 house then decide to buy a $250,000 house, I didn't change my plan, I am just spending more. Is that a good analogy? Mmmm, that wine is good...

That guy's a jerk.

He seems to making the Iraqi government accountable. In theory, this is a great idea but we'll see how it works. What happens if they don't? Do we overthrow the government, or does Bush pull out? I still say he pulls out but he does it on his terms and tries to call it a win for his leadership because he did what he wanted. What a jerk.

"Nothing is more important at this point in our history than for America to succeed in the Middle East..." OK, he isn't pulling out no matter what happens. Everyone supports the troops, I hate it when they say calling for a withdrawl is anti-troop. Even McCain said that last week on Meet the Press. It's political bullshit and they know it.

Is he developing a war on terror leadership group? Will it be just as important as the Iraq study group? We already have the largest military in the world, why add 92,000? Who the hell are we attacking? We took over 2 countries without any problem? Who is paying for that? No higher taxes? More money for schools? Free health care? Balance the budget and cut the deficit (remember, Bush came in with a surplus)? How does this all work?

If you Tivo-ed this, watch both Cheney and Pelosi behind Bush. They obviously both think most of this is crap. Who supports this guy? What a jerk? He mentioned Cuba, Belarus, and Burma. I can't even find 2 of those places on a map. Then he threw out Darfur - what exactly is our plan for Darfur again?

I just noticed this but is Cheney wearing a purple/pink tie? Who dressed him?

1.2 billion over 5 years to combat malaria? Can't we let Bill Gates fix that problem? Let's start a war against the mosquitos to help train those 92,00 new troops.

Dikembe made the state of the union! Dikembe made the state of the union! He's the oldest man ever in the NBA, I don't care what anyone says. He's standing - wag the finger! Oh, he didn't do it. I'll never root for him again.

Seriously, what is this random american good people shit? I believe children have a right to live in a world that is safe? Bold statement from her. I think Dikembe is wagging his finger at her off camera! I love that man.

Oh, another great american. Actually, the guy who jumped on the train tracks to help that guy in NY subway is quite a man. I like him. George Bush is still a jerk though. I don't think he would jump under a subway for me. Just thinking out loud here.

I like the way he is complimenting America. If I saw GW in a bar, I would buy him a beer, but I wouldn't jump under a subway for him. Why do people who obviously disagree with him stand and clap? Wow, MSNBC had the word count before he mentioned Iraq within 30 seconds of the end of the speech. Crazy.

We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Did MSNBC do a word count on how many times you said "What a jerk?"

Just wondering.

Nice post.

Dylan said...

They didn't give me a number, they just sent me an email saying "not enough." That's the kind of unbiased journalism that keeps our nation strong. Thanks for the feedback!